NAVmoble - the pocket-sized ERP
Optimized for Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Windows Mobile powered devices

Monday, October 17, 2005

Bring Reporting Services back to life

Few weeks ago our test reporting services installation was broken after extensive "DROP" statements usage over and over again :). This is a test server after all.
So, reporting services site started returning the following error:
An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help Database 'ReportServerTempDB'
cannot be opened because it is offline.


Fortunately,there were good news: I still had our reports intact. However, I couldn't use them. After an hour or so the decision came to my mind:

I've performed the following steps:
1. First I created an empty ReportServerTempDB database by using MSSQL Enterprise Manager.
2. I created a role named: RSExecRole in ReportServerTempDB database and added RS user in this role. Hopefully, this was my current user also.
3. I opened ReportServices installation folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportServer)...
4. and executed CatalogTempDB.sql over ReportServerTempDB

and our reporting services installation is still online :)

No comments: